Re: Re: OT: Electronic episodes

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

Ian wrote:

> Presumably anyone thinking of doing this and gener-
> ating revenue will need to talk to Issaries about copy-
> rights, trademarks, royalties etc.

Greg Stafford indicated publicly at conventions in 2000 that Issaries would be encouraging and supportive to fan publications for "Hero Wars."

Any "royalties" would most likely be payable as a % of the print run (i.e. send X copies to Greg) rather than in cash, the precise % depending on how much of Issaries' work went into the fan product.

I am not aware of any changes to this policy, and I try to keep abreast of such things.

I agree completely that talking to Issaries early on is probably a good idea, if you have any ambitious plans.

Cheers, Nick