RE: OT: Electronic episodes (was New Poll)

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:06:32 -0400

Andrew Barton said :

> The problem I've found is that text search facilities are much less
> flexible and efficient with PDF files than with ordinary text.

> I've found that a serious disadvantage for PBM rulebooks, or anything I'm

>reading as a tester - in both cases I want to be able to keep the documents
> on computer. I don't see it as a disadvantage for novellas or anything
> that's intended to be read straight through. Scenarios would come
> somewhere in between.

Depends on how the PDF was originally set up. If done properly you can search a PDF just as easily as any other text file. (The Balazar Hero Wars keywords PDF on my site is searchable in this fashion and I did nothing extra to create it this way). You can choose not to include a search ability which I believe makes the file size smaller.

Oliver