Re: OT: Electronic episodes

From: bjm10_at_...
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:16:12 -0000

I consider a PDF to be a second-string substitute for printed matter. I generally won't buy PDF material if a print or more readily manipulable version is available for purchase. PDF combines all the disadvantages of print (fixed in content and form) with the disadvantages of electronic (pain in the patoot to read, even on the best displays--astigmatism plus dyslexia). And I see no advantage as an end-user in the format except for the possibility of significantly lowering the price in comparison to print (but not necessarily in comparison to other electronic formats).