RE: Electronic Episodes

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:43:21 -0700 (PDT)

Someone said:
>I notice from it that there's a lot of folks
>willing to pay a few bucks for a 30+ page
>supplement.

I'm one. Just to make the logic behind my vote available, I see the electronic episode as a near-perfect substitute for a paper one. I'm willing to spend as much on the electronic one as on the paper one. So, how much I'm willing to spend is entirely dependent on product quantity and quality.

As an alternative to PayPal, take a look at www.iCopyright.com. It handles purchase and delivery, so that humans need not intervene. It appears to pull the work from a website and track deliveries and permissions. It looks like files can be HTML or PDF. Unfortunately, cost appears to be $99 to setup up (rising to $495 on September 1), $29.95 per month (rising to $49.95 on September 1), and a 50% royalty. If I read PayPal correctly, this is way too high.

Chris

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/