WAYYYYY OT: Sanctuary/Thieves World and Glorantha

From: epweissengruber_at_...
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 21:47:20 -0000

I got my copies of the first three Thieves World books and had a good read. Do any Chaosium Grognards remember where the city of Sanctuary was located for the RQ playtests? Somewhere in Prax would seem logical, given the desert that surrounds the city. But could there be a small costal town other than Corflu? I don't think I've ever seen one on the Glorantha maps.

Damn that Tempus -- he must be some weird kind of Illuminate, jumping from sorcery to theism, and a philosopher: I love the Heraclitus quotes that Morris works into her stories: "War is the lord of all and the father of all -- some he makes gods, others he makes slaves" and "strife is the origin of all things."