Re: WAYYYYY OT: Sanctuary/Thieves World and Glorantha

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 22:31:31 -0500

It really depends on the campaign, and the referee (or whatever we call the person running the game). We had a blast in Sandy petersen's campaign in Refuge, but part of that had to do with the nefarious schemes of our duck, Blackbeak, scourge of the seas. Can anyone say "duckmasks"? ::kwak! kwak!::

Guy

On 7/6/2001 at 2:56 PM Peter Metcalfe wrote:

>At 21:47 5/07/01 +0000, you wrote:
>>I got my copies of the first three Thieves World books and had a good
>>read. Do any Chaosium Grognards remember where the city of Sanctuary
>>was located for the RQ playtests?
>
>The City of Refuge in God Forgot. But I find attempts to use the
>thieves world material to describe the gloranthan city (described
>as a stronghold of atheists) require that a pig's ear being is
>made out of the thieves world material, the God Forgotten or both.
>
>--Peter Metcalfe

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open manhole cover and die."
--Mel Brooks