Re: Electronic Episodes

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:51:51 -0700 (PDT)

Gareth says:
>you now have a cheap product that is easily (indeed,
>infinitley) transportable and reproducible, BUT your
>processing cost per transaction (via paypal)
>is now a goodly proportion of the overall unit
>cost again.

I'm not sure what your assumptions are here. PayPal, if I read their site correctly, charges $0.30 per transaction plus 2.2% of the transaction. I can't imagine someone going to the trouble of charging less than a dollar for their scenario. So, even at a dollar, the publisher makes $0.67. This is a substantial amount in percentage terms at quite low prices, but not in absolute terms.

Did I miss your point?

Chris Lemens

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/