Re: OT: Electronic episodes

From: bjm10_at_...
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 16:36:30 -0000

> inability to manipulate the text is a curious thing to consider a
> shortcoming. If I sell you a book I've written I don't really want
you to
> go mucking about with it either.

The author's desires are ultimately irrelevant to the end-user.

> within Acrobat or that can't be printed (you can set your PDF to be

And what about all those that can't be printed even though they're supposed to be printable? In my line of work I've run into far too many of those.

> To criticize them as being unsearchable from browsers or incapbale of being
> manipulated is missing the point of the format. If you have

Not in the least. I GET the "point of the format". The fact that I disagree with it in no way means that I don't understand it. I can understand something and still disagree with it.