Re: Odaylan mountain men

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 14:06:02 +0200

Jeff R:

> I think that in some clans, the small handful of Odalyans may have a more
> significant role for Heortlings than you are giving credit. Farmers may
> view the half-wild hunter as a negotiator with the wilderness - someone who
> has an understanding of the wild forces of the woods and wastelands.

Indeed. Considering what a powerful archetype the hunter is to us over-civilzed city dwellers who rarely have to deal with the wilds I can only begin to imagine what it means to a Heortling clan to have a few members who are comfortable in the deep forest.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?