Re: Odayla and the "mountain men"

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:16:30 -0000

> That still leaves a lot of Dark and Storm season to get out and kill
> beasties.

Yeah, but thats a much more serious business than a weekend hike. Winter is hard. I guess this is the logic of the hunting lodge, somewhere you know how to get to, with food and fire materials at hand, protected from the elements. Then you can hang out and hunt game and beat drums around the fire. Probably sibling groups would have such a lodge/hide, which might be secrets from other groups.

I guess this gives us us a fair overview of the forest life. With trappers, seasonal and intermittent hunters, lodges, mountain men proper, telmori, gagarthi, rebel warbands, lunar patrols, Issaries traders, diplomats, priests, peddlars, pilgrims, missionaries, raiding parties, not to mention adventurers and the like the wilderness is fairly teeming with traffic.