Re: Re: Odayla and the "mountain men"

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:22:50 +0100

bethexton_at_... wrote:
> - The wilderness, even the well known wilderness near steads, has the
> potential to be far more dangerous than on earth. And the areas with
> The odds of bagging a deer on a day-trip
> probably aren't high. Going farther adds tremendously to the
> difficulty and risks.

It is easy enough to walk 20 miles a day in hills. A day trip can therefore take you to anywhere in the tula, and almost anywhere in the tribal territory. If a Heortling can not get to the hunting ground in one day, he does not have a hunting ground.

I think it is easy to exaggerate the wildness of Heortling hunting grounds. Quite simply, there is no space in most Heortling lands for true wilderness. Only tribes adjacent to essentially uninhabited areas, or non-Heortling regions will have access to large wilderness hunting areas.