Trickster goes a wooing

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 01:14:44 +0100

On Friday, July 13, 2001 12:32 AM, Grawe, Philipp [SMTP:pgrawe_at_...] wrote:

> That's not to say that Eurmal can't charming, witty and very successful with
> impressionable young maidens. I'm sure Eurmal does work his wiles quite
> successfully at times (and it makes for MGF when he does...)

In the campaign I've been running, the clan's wily old trickster, Jarn Two-Measure (an NPC), has a reputation as a ladies' man. Being a trickster, of course, he tends to get away with it and then find himself being falsely accused when he's innocent but can't prove it for some convoluted reason. Caused a feud with the Broken Spear clan, he did.

> I can imagine the clan trickster (or maybe the neighboring clan's trickster)
> watching the wooing from a distance, then approaching the heart-broken young
> lad (who's been turned down for the fourth time) with an offer of "You know,
> there are means of succeeding in the game of love, perhaps I can help
> you..." (and out comes the pitch for the heroquest of Eurmal gets the girl),
> "a simple, small heroquest that you could complete yourself...no combat, no
> great enemies, no, no, nothing like that. Trust Me, Would I like To You?"

Hmmm. Cyrano de Trickster. It fits.

For MGF, I can see this ending up as "How the young lad did all the wooing and faced down the girl's ugly and dangerous brothers but ending up feeling short changed when, somehow, the trickster got the girl". Then, when the whole truth gets out - probably 'cos the trickster lets it slip - *everyone* has it in for him. :)

Regards,

Bruce