Re: Diamond

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:21:31 +1000

> I bought Jared Diamonds book several years ago, but loaned it to
> someone who vanished before I could read it myself :(

Get it back! :) Its one of the ten most useful reference books on world-building and is extremely helpful for anyone designing Gloranthan societies. Or see if you can grab 'The Eternal Frontier An Ecological History of North America and Its Peoples' by Tim Flannery, a "student" of Diamond who looks specifically at NA. It discusses the mountain men and the sustain/exploit paradigms in some detail.