Re: 7 Mothers?

From: Mark Galeotti <hia15_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:33:16 -0000

> In which case, What are the Affinities of the Provincial Church
>(aka the Cult of the 7 mothers)?

The draft manuscript of the first Imperial Lunar Handbook went to Issaries yesterday, so it's now up to Greg and not really for me to pontificate. However, FWIW, we have no 'cult' of the 7 Mums as such - the Unift affinity is one members can learn, but essentially this is a Church of seven distinct cults. The standard pattern for lunar deities is 2 core affinities + 1 subcult affinity, and some of the 7 Mums have a subcult relating specifically to their 7-Mum-ness, but not all. To me, the key thing about the Provincial Church, and precisely what makes it such an effective and flexible agency, is that it is made up of a range of different cults and types of cult, which means it can respond to local circumstances. The idea of a single 'Cult of the Seven Mothers' is, I think, a relic of Cults of Prax, and no longer relevant or accurate.

Not that this necessarily helps you any...

Mark