Re: Digest Number 526

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:30:56 -0000

> Well, the best way to demonstrate the difference between HW and something
> else is to concentrate on the little things for a bit. Have the PC deal with
> the clan ring, their families, a wedding party, spirits spoiling the milk,
> maybe a broo in the cattlefields. Take a look at the Chasing Kites adv. on
> the HW website and see if that fits in with your game.

although I was rather looking for ready-to-hand-out material to give to my [new] players, your posting encourages me to do it my way. maybe it's KODP, but I'll be going for a daily life clan based game, too. since there are no published scenarios available [not counting the NB episodes, which I did not like], this game will be a great source of inspiration. IMHO "chasing kites" is/was the very first HW scenario I read, that kind of captures that special glorantha "feeling". [congratulations to the author!] I'm not sure, if I'll do as well, so hopefully "sartar rising" will be out in time...

/snip/

> I guess my advice is select carefully. If you want a fully rendered
> tribe/clan, look to someone like the Greydogs. If you want to avoid
> contradiction, pick somebody nobody knows anything about yet, but steel
> yourself for that day when you'll be gregged.
>
> Clay

after all these years playing in glorantha, it's still hard to decide for one tribe/clan. you like humakt and are keen on undead--vote for the greydogs! but no trolls, no sir! and praxians beast riders? and elmali? and elves? high politics? lunar-beaten underdogs? chaos sneaking around? ...>cough<
should go for greyhawk *lol*

many thanks anyway,

stefan