Re: Uleria?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:56:30 +1200

Tim Ellis:

Oh goodie. People can't get enough of Uleria...

>What do the panel think are the affinities for Uleria

I've been told second-hand that Uleria should be considered a mystic entity.

>I'm thinking "Love", "Community" and "Fertility" where she is
>worshiped as a goddess and "Lust" and "Fertility" wahere she is
>considered more of a demon

I think Lust and Love aspects of Uleria are really the same thing and whether Uleria is associated with Lust or Love depends largely on the person you are talking to.

I have deep misgivings about giving Ulerians anything to do with Community and Fertility. Since her worshippers do not manifest those attributes in Sartar or Prax. I think it much more likely that Community and Fertility are distinct aspects of Uleria worshipped by different types of worshippers (thus there are worshippers for Uleria the love goddess, Uleria the fertility goddess and Uleria the community goddess). The Love Goddess is most common while the other two are common only in Zoria (the Pelandan mythology of Uleria for example is ignorant about her connections with fertility and community).

That way we can have worshippers of the love goddesses without wasting time with their fertility and community connections.

--Peter Metcalfe