Re: Re: Starting out in Glorantha

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 10:29:24 -0400

Nick_at_... wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
>
> >> [the NB episodes, which I did not like]
>
> > NB? Sorry, I'm not tracking that.
>
> Narrator's Book.

Ah, okay. I admit the first one does not have a very Gloranthan feel to them. They are a wee bit generic. I sorta found the last one neat and did like the 'Mouse Problem' -- we had a Yinkini neary die of fright.

> > You're not going to see Praxians raiding the
> > Lismelder that often.
>
> The boot may be on the other foot -- we've carried the
> Greydog Campaign to the Grazelands, Heortland, Lunar
> Tarsh... think of "Asterix & Cleopatra" (etc.) for a good
> model of how your barbarians PCs can get out and see
> the world, but still return to the roast boar feast under
> the stars...

Ah. Interesting. But that does reflect what I was saying -- after you've explored the possibilities of your clan and tribe, its time to leave the cradle and join the Hero Wars (already in progress). Oddly, I find that when you finally return to your old clan, you find that they are different -- or you are. Its quite a strange feeling.

Jeff