Re: Re: Uleria?

From: plarsen_at_...
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:13:11 -0500 (CDT)

Peter Metcalfe says:

> And how does one withdraw from the world? Through austerities and
> other
> tactics of self-denial.

        Most often, yes, but also (I think) by dissolving the world into a primal power. By focussing on one thing to the exclusion of all others, everything becomes that one thing (in the case of Uleria, Love, or something like it). More and more, the world is made up of Powers not people, countries, events, etc. This returns the Mystic to the undifferentiated peace of the Green Age. I suspect this is philosophically different from the Mysticism of Kralorela (which seeks Draconic Wisdom?) and the East Isles (which seeks the bliss of non-being?) and similar to the goals of Lunar Mysticism, but this is rank speculation on my part. At any rate, the game mechanics would be exactly the same.

        So, I think Ulerian Mystics could be both Orthodox and Manifest, depending on whether the Mystic was "travelling inward" or "travelling outward." In either case, the destination is the same. If you want to keep discussing this, let's take it to the Digest.

Peter Larsen