Re: OT: RPG.NET?

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Thu Sep 16 11:42:17 2010

epwissengruber asked:

> I used to like following the Hero Wars/RQ/Glorantha
> discussions on rpg.net, but the whole site has
> disappeared. It has been replaced by a Skotos
> page. What's up with that?

I'd suggest you try following the rather better informed discussion on Usenet's rec.games.frp.misc newsgroup (if necessary via http://groups.google.com), rather than bringing it here. There aren't enough of us to pump you the stream of rumours and half-facts you would enjoy.

A date-limited "advanced group search" on the google site looking for "rpg.net" and "Skotos" would maybe be a good starting point?

> Is free discussion of RPGs a thing of the past?

That's off-topic, and likely to prove an overreaction. I strongly suggest waiting til you know what's happened.

Rec.games.frp.misc posts to date suggest this is likely to be a technical hitch, rather than malice, but wait and see (over there!).

Cheers, Nick