Re: Balazar

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 01:27:08 -0000

This is a good thought, though she could be 'not what she seems' and was bound away for a reason. Besides, who wants a Drazi goddess showing up anyways?

> * Lunar spies pin down the location of the Wind Sword and mount a
major
> expedition to "secure" it before some hothead Orlanthi uses it as
the focus for
> yet another foolish rebellion. Naturally, this provokes every
right-thinking
> stormy type for miles around.

All seven of them, heading for Mount Doom. Don't forget to bring your hobbits.

> * Errap Barbacon plots to free his father, and Elkoi, from Lunar
domination.
> Assassinations, sneaky plots, daring rooftop escapes abound as he
tries to
> counter the machinations of Halcyon var Enkorth and Marusa.

This would work well, except Elkoi is so small. Its hard to get a lot of vicious infighting in a small village. Its hard to hide unless you have great folks.

Its possible that a group of Orlanthi might try to do set up a community of traditional Storm Worship in the Elder Wilds or somewhere like that (especially if they can find an area of 'divine' terrain to settle. This is sort of like what Dorasar tried with New Pavis. The increased isolation may be useful.

Now that the Closing is broken, the Elves of the Elf Sea come back and make everyone miserable. (Especially if Gon Orta makes water in the water)

As to Nick's suggestion of Halcyon Vor commanding the Vulture Squadrons of Elkoi, I am having a terrible, terrible Paranoia crossover. (Citizen of Elkoi Complex!)

Jeff