RE: Gloranthan Movies

From: Ben Waggoner <benwaggoner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:27:15 -0700 (PDT)

Michael,

Not at all surprising, as it's a retelling of Beowulf as a continuation of the travelog on an Arab author of the era.. Apparantely written as a bet with someone who said that Beowulf couldn't be made interesting. And the book is definitely interesting, although I don't know if it could be said to be actually that good. One of the most icky scenes of human sacrifice I've been exposed to, which might be of some interest to those who run that sort of campaign. Otherwise, a lot of MGF for a Carmanian/Orlanthi culture clash.

Definitely one of his least overwritten books.

-Ben Waggoner

Do You Yahoo!?
Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute with Yahoo! Messenger http://phonecard.yahoo.com/