Re: Garhound Contest Online at Issaries!

From: MOB <mrmob_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:57:00 +1000

G'day all,

Tim Ellis:
>However at least some of the
>listed authors were represented in the two sessions I did run - HW-
>ised versions of "The Unbearable Lightness of Yelm" and "7 Mothers
>do 'ave 'em" - Both of which went very well.

If this is in a publishable format, how's about knocking it up for the Issaries website?

Doesn't have to be anywhere near as fancy as what John did with Garhound, but I think HW gamers - esp. newcomers - appreciate having scenarios to play and I'm happy to help see any of my RQ adventures updated in this way.

Long ago, I suggested to Greg that because "Garhound" uses a lot of game mechanics in a plot-driven, mythically-resonant way, it would be an ideal introductory scenario for the HW website. Greg agreed, and Ian Thomson has done a great job updating and expanding both "The Garhound Contest" and "Melisande's Hand" into HW format. And John Hughes has made it all look bloody fantastic as Adobe Acrobat downloadable files.

Of all the stuff I've done, the other piece that I think would cross over very nicely is the Joseph Conrad/FF Coppola/Mark Holsworth/Mark Morrison/MOB scenario "Hut of Darkness", which was published in Tales #9 (and in Finnish, if I recall correctly...) Anyone interested in this?

John:
>By strange coincidence, nearly 15 years on, I'm presently playing with a
>sequel, set in Sun County, where the 3rd Pavis Ballista meet up with Melo
>Yello.

Tim:
>MOB's secret is out! Sun County author and secret Baboon pusher!

Hey man, it's no secret... I can't wait for John's sequel!

Cheers,

MOB

MICHAEL O'BRIEN
Department of Science and Mathematics Education The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052 Australia
           Telephone: +613-8344-8526  mobile: 04-3828-9048
           Email me : mailto:mrmob_at_...
     MOB's Home Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/index.html
MOB's Glorantha Page: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/glorindex.html
 DOB Footy Scrapbook: http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/dobfootycard.html