Unforgetable Gaumata's Vision

From: Michael Beggs <aop13_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:55:28 +0000

Mike Dawson:

>Does anyone out there have running games so ancient that characters who ran
>in Gaumata's Vision are still playing today?

Sure do. My players were part of an Antelope Lancer unit sent to Black Rock to investigate things. The scenario was memorable for us not only because it is bloody good, but because of the incredible bad luck the party had on the way down through Sun County and on the way back. They should have known what to expect when the second in command was trampled to death in a stampede while collecting water from the Zola Fel a few hours out of Pavis.

[NOTE: we use quite detailed random encounter tables because of the 'element of surprise' they tend to bring.]

At Black Rock the Lunar point of view of the PCs made the scenario very interesting and this is still very much a live issue in the campaign.

The events the party uncovered at the village *almost* remained a secret for ever. On the way back the party 'took the high rode' through the scrubland bordering the river - deciding that Sun County was far too dangerous (!). There they encountered part of the Eternal Battle (a one in a thousand chance) and two made it back to Pavis.

These two are still in my current campaign, though they now work behind desks in the Irripi Ontor Library.

Michael