Re: Vikings vs Celts (was Gloranthan Movies)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:27:28 -0000

Alexandre Lanciani wrote:
> IMG longhouses are for the Orlanthi of Peloria, which I portray
viking-like, while the Orlanthi of Dragon Pass are more like the Celts.<

IIRC David Dunham's Ralian Orlanthi were seen as being very Celtic, with the Germanic influences more towards DP. But frankly this is color so I would go with whatever works for you, I would not have thought it wuld be anything that will cause published material to break. The spiral house idea has some obvious Orlanthi feel to it. I've incorporated both Celtic and Germanic elements into my Orlanthi episodes tending to think of them of N.European Dark Ages cultures more than a specific label. YMMV.