Re: Elephants in Prax

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 03:42:24 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Roderick and Ellen Robertson wrote:

Thanks Roderick.

> > Did you also find a list that has the tribes and their mounts? (and
> > parhaps something of their cultural flavor)
>
> There's the five great tribes: (Impala, Bison, High Llama, Sable, Morokanth)

I guess I'll call the Bison tribe "Visent tribe" just to keep that (pseudo)african fauna feeling.

> and the independants:
> Rhino Riders

A favorite.

> Basmoli Berserkers (not mounted)

The lion people. Hsunchen, aren't they?

> Bolo-lizard (on bipedal lizards)

An exellent source for the lizards is a Sierra Online RPG game "Quest for Qlory II - A Trial by Fire"

> Men and a half/Agimori (not mounted)

Towering black men, tied to the element of fire. They propably breed slow, or they would have taken over the whole Prax by now.

> Pavis Survivors (Zebra)
> Sun Domers (not mounted)
> Baboons

hoboy...

> Cannibal Cult (not mounted)

I keep bumping into this reference, but as I miss some RQ-2 era products, I don't really have anything on these guys. Could somebody post what's known of them?

> Unicorn Women/cult of Yelorna

I link the unicorns with the culture of old Pavis. I don't know if I like the idea of a Praxian unicorn rider tribe. Seems culturally wrong.

> Newtlings

 :)

> Plus the Oasis folk, Pavistes, duck pirates on the Zola Fel, Lunars, Broos,
> etc.
>
> There are rumors of other tribes, like the Nose Horns, the Leapers, the
> Ostrich and Kangaroo...
>
> RR

I've always figured the ostritch rider pygmies a fairly succesful (minor) tribe.

        -Adept