Re: Elephants in Prax

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:13:51 -0700

> > There's the five great tribes: (Impala, Bison, High Llama, Sable,
Morokanth)

> I guess I'll call the Bison tribe "Visent tribe" just to keep that
> (pseudo)african fauna feeling.

be sure to use the more HW-correct Alticamelus instead of High Llama, then (llamas being South American).

> > Basmoli Berserkers (not mounted)
>
> The lion people. Hsunchen, aren't they?

probably, they were like the telmor & other shapeshifters in RQ, and haven't been disproved to be so in HW :-)

> > Men and a half/Agimori (not mounted)
>
> Towering black men, tied to the element of fire. They propably breed
> slow, or they would have taken over the whole Prax by now.

Borderlands, River of Cradles and WF 12 have info on them.

> > Cannibal Cult (not mounted)
>
> I keep bumping into this reference, but as I miss some RQ-2 era
> products, I don't really have anything on these guys. Could somebody
> post what's known of them?

They eat their enemies to gain magical powers. I don't remember any official writeups on them.

> > Unicorn Women/cult of Yelorna
>
> I link the unicorns with the culture of old Pavis. I don't know if I
> like the idea of a Praxian unicorn rider tribe. Seems culturally wrong.

Probably because of the Yelorna cult writeup in Pavis. The Unicorn tribe predates the Yelorna writeup, being one of the "Ten Independants" from Nomad Gods. I have no problem with a small tribe of Amazon horse(unicorn) women. The wastes are certainly big enough to hide all sorts of wierdnesses.

> I've always figured the ostritch rider pygmies a fairly succesful
> (minor) tribe.

Well, they aren't an official part of Praxian Glorantha (though I haven't seen stuff that the PraxPak group is doing, so who knows...).

Remember that "Prax" is only the best part of the Wastes, and that currently the Sables are enjoying being top dog since the Battle of Moonbroth. Most of the Bison & Sable riders are East of the ZF, in Vulture country and points East, building up their strength...

RR