Re: Gloranthan Movies

From: Alexandre Lanciani <takenegi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:47:08 +0200

> Ian replied to Alexandre
>
> > IIRC David Dunham's Ralian Orlanthi were seen as being very Celtic,
> > with the Germanic influences more towards DP. But frankly this is
> > color so I would go with whatever works for you, I would not have
> > thought it wuld be anything that will cause published material to
> > break.
>
> That's what we did in the King of Dragon Pass artwork.
>
> The important thing as far as I'm concerned is that the Orlanthi are
> different in different places. The Irish seemed like the most
> isolated of the Celts so they were my model for Ralios, which I think
> is pretty isolated from Dragon Pass. But you might decided that
> Fronela is isolated and deserves them.

Exactly! And since the first Orlanthi that my players saw were the Dorastoran (rian? rish?) ones (yes, I'm that young! :) ), who have quite a Viking outlook, I choose to make the Heortlings like the romanticized celts. After all, they have a High King, they have hills, and they have dragons... What do you want more? ;)

--
Regards,
Alexandre.