Re: Elephants in Prax

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:57:21 EDT

Roderick:

<< > I guess I'll call the Bison tribe "Visent tribe" just to keep that
> (pseudo)african fauna feeling.

 be sure to use the more HW-correct Alticamelus instead of High Llama, then>>

     According to Anaxial's Roster, 'High Llama' is the preferred term in HW, although 'Alticamelus' is still valid, and was preferred in RQ3.

<< (llamas being South American). >>

    The Alticamelus is North American, though, so 'llama' actually strikes me as a better term than 'camel'..

<< > I've always figured the ostrich rider pygmies a fairly successful
> (minor) tribe.

 Well, they aren't an official part of Praxian Glorantha (though I haven't  seen stuff that the PraxPak group is doing, so who knows...).>>

      They are specifically mentioned in Anaxial's Roster as being still extant (p.30).

Trotsky