Re: First Game - Questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:00:09 +1200

Mike D:

>I just GM'd my first game of Herowars. I adapted "Sheepless Nights"
>to Tarsh (I was very impressed with the UW Tarsh in Flames!). One
>problem - I gave my players a basic Orlanthi background sheet, and
>one of them chose to worship Elmal. whoops... checking the
>background material, I see this would problem for a Tarshite campaign.

There are Elmali in Tarsh. He's not an outlaw god like Orlanth is. UW1 p18 has him worshipped by warriors in both lowland and highland Tarsh as well as those keeping Law and Order in those regions.

Elmal is described in Storm Tribe p45-58. A draft version of this writeup was up at www.glorantha.com a few months back.

>Can anyone give me a quick rundown of affinities and feats for
>Yelmalio, until I can get the official wrute-up?

Well as the only version of Yelmalio that I'm privy to hasn't been released, you'll have to wait. As for Elmal, his main affinities are Combat and Light. Subcults of Elmal and their affinities are:

Anatyr the Chieftain: Rule Clan
Beren the Rider: Horses
Elmal Hearthguard: Defense
Elmalhara the Grower: Grain
Redayla (for women): Bless Horses
Rigsdal Nightwatchman: Vigilance

>Also, are the tribes of the Ormsgone Valley Orlanthi or other? Are
>they Alakoring, Winter/Summer, Ralian?

They are Alakoring Orlanthi. They have no tribe (they don't need one considering the huge red dragon).

>Are there any passes through
>the Western Rockwoods that lead from Tarsh southward? (Aside from
>Dragon Pass).

None known. Supposedly one can fly through the Rockwoods in the vicinity of Aggar (as Alakoring once did) and one can always take a hike through Dorastor.

--Peter Metcalfe