Re: Elephants

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:13:47 EDT

David D:

<< There are also elephants in Pamaltela; several varieties live in Umathela and Fonrit (see Enclosure 2). My favourite is the shovel-tusker
(platybelodon). >>

    I wrote up a number of Pamaltelan elephants for AR, before it was
(rightly) decided to switch that to covering Genertela only. Shovel-tuskers
are certainly amongst the coolest; others include the four-tusked gomphoths
(mentioned in Enclosure #2), the savannah elephants of the east, the
Umathelan elephant with its backwards-pointing tusks, and my own favourite, the Kumanku elephant, found only on the eponymous islands. Kumanku elephants look just like African elephants, except for the minor consideration that they are only about three feet high at the shoulder...

Trotsky