RE: Re: First Game - Questions

From: Michael Doolittle <mdoolitt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 00:08:57 -0400

Mark Galeotti said:

>As Pete M has said, Elmal is not banned but not encouraged by the
>authorities, either, so while his worship is quite rare in the river
>valley communities, it's quite acceptable in the wild and woollies.
>Indeed, in many ways it fits an adventurer much better than Yelmalio,
>as the latter would automatically be under the command of the Sun
>Dome Temple (UW1 p24 - 'Glory Spears'). It also fits much better with
>the 'cultural needs' of the SW of Tarsh - the clan needs vigilant
>guardians and individual heroes, not a bloody phalanx!

True, but my brandy-new map of the Lunar Empire shows no less than 4 (!) Sun Dome Temples in the hilly, forested lands around the Angry Lake. The terrain seems unsuitable for an Alexandrian-style phalanx to me. Perhaps these temples are those that have developed different traditions from the on in Prax?

Good gaming
The second Mike D