RE: Terrrain and phalanxes

From: Michael Doolittle <mdoolitt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 22:46:18 -0400

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree here. Alexander fought his major battles on relatively level ground. I will grant that several _campaigns_ were fought in rugged terrain...

The phalanx was a unit type at a particular disadvantage in rough ground. Alexander got around this by having an army consisting of many types of units, some being quite suited to broken ground. This was what we call today a "combined arms" force.

The Sun Dome people apparently don't have this flexibility, though. Thus my comment.

Good gaming
Mike