RE: Re: First Game - Questions

From: Michael Doolittle <mdoolitt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:41:29 -0400

 Peter Metcalfe:

> The Angry Lake is in Aggar, not Tarsh, and two of those temples
> are in Holay. Since Tarsh only has one Sun Dome despite being the
> biggest province, I don't think they have much of a problem with
> Elmali.

 The nearest one is ~25 miles from the border. This is too far for cultural influence?

> It might be (the map concerned represents the most detailed advance
> in our knowledge of Aggar since God-knows-when). Most Sun Dome
> temples IMO would come from a single source (Monrogh's revelations
> in Dragon Pass) while one might have an alternative origin either
> in the Second (as do Balazar and Sun County) or even the Dawn Age.

I think most of them date from pre-EWF, or from Lunar "encouragement" after Aggar becomes a Province. But YGMV.

> The Temples might still muster out in phalanxes IMO but since
> they don't fight each other, they don't recognize the error of
> doing so in a hilly country..

That would be a great idea if they existed all by themselves on a peninsula. But they are, in fact, surrounded by people who would be only too glad to show them the errors of their ways.

In conclusion, I want to say that while reading back through the Digest archives recently I always found yours and Mark G.'s posts informative and helpful. My intent here is not to start an argument or anything, just to clarify some things in my own mind. I;m just returning to Glorantha after a decade=long absence, so I didn't even _know_ about Elmal until a month ago.

 Thanks for the quick reply
Mike D