Re: Sun Domer horseman archers

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:04:51 +0000

> The phalanx was a unit type at a particular disadvantage in rough ground.
> Alexander got around this by having an army consisting of many types of
> units, some being quite suited to broken ground. This was what we call
> today a "combined arms" force.

> The Sun Dome people apparently don't have this flexibility, though. Thus my
> comment.

>From the earliest writeup about the sun domers (WBRM/Dragon Pass
boardgame unit descriptions), they do have horseman archery, everywhere but in Prax where they lost their horses (but not the concommittant geases).

I see no reason why the templars elsewhere should field phalanxes only. All those guys with "don't wear this type of armour" geases end up as horse archers, I suppose.