Sundomer phalanxes

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 16:33:54 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Michael Doolittle wrote:

<snip>
> The question wasn't Aggar but Sun Dome Temples. The Macedonians had plenty
> of unit types. The impression I get from the list members is that
> Yelmalions can fight one way and only way. Thus my query.
>
> Good gaming
> Mike D

Even the material on the Praxian sundome gives them many styles of fighting.

Skirmishers in light armor (very greek / macedonian)

Spear & shield "skirmish lines" one, or a few ranks deep

Chariots of war, armed with missile troops (inoperable, due to lack of horses)

Archers, to support the infantry

And of course, the phalangites with sarissa, large shield and heavy armor.

        -Adept