Re: Terrrain and phalanxes

From: mdoolitt_at_...
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:39:52 -0000

Hello

But I _was_, which is why I said "Alexandrian phalanx".

> The Macedonian army, however, had been around for generations before
> Alexander, and under Philip it conquered the equally hilly Greece.
This
> while its main component was pikemen.

Bzzzzzt! Thank you for being a contestant in our game! But as a complementary prize, please accept the following web sites discussing Philip's introduction of the phalanx to Macedonia:

http://killeenroos.com/1/AlexGre.htm#Alexander and Ancient Warfare: A study

and

http://www.ritsumei.ac.jp/se/~luv20009/PhilMacDBM.html

And Philip's battles in Greece were still fought on level ground.

Further discussion here is inappropriate , methinks, but I would be happy to continue by private email.

Good gaming
Mike D