Is Glasswall a vitrified fort.

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 13:22:00 -0000

While doing some research on hill forts (partly for the map of Clearwine in the fan maps section and some associated episodes) I dicovered vitirified hill forts (where the walls have been turned to glass by extreme heat).

Strangely one of the best summaries I can find is from this somewhat crackpot site:

http://www.nexusmagazine.com/ancatomicwar1.html

Surely, Glasswall is a vitrified fort! (there do appear to be Arthurian glass walled forts so the Greg connection is possible). Thoughts? Everybody else always been aware of these and just never told me.

(Incidentally, one vitrified fort is called Finavon hill - hmmm).

Ian Cooper