Re: Is Glasswall a vitrified fort.

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:49:15 -0000

> Mikko suggested:
> Sartar changed the earthen walls of the ancient hillfort into hard
glass in a huge ceremony involving a lot of firewood being burned over it?<

Nick commented:
> You may have forgotten that until the Battle of Grizzley Peak,
Glasswall was in the Kingdom of Tarsh.<

WHcih sort of rules out Sartar <g>. With most Hill Forts being Vingkotling, with one or two from Dawn Age Heorlting cultures:

http://www.glorantha.com/new/heortling_hillforts.html

it has a lot of history to be vitrified in.

>I still prefer dragonfire...<

Which is an option in DP at any time, though the Dragonkill seems most likely. has value...

Otherwise the most likely causes would seem to be: Storm Age: Deliberately built with stone then magically fired to glass to make it harder to climb, more impressive, etc. Darkness: Battle against chaos in Snakepipe Hollow (mainly because this fits with other geographic chaos effects). Is there a 'Siege of Stonewall Myth'.
First Age: Arkat's war on Gbaji.

Could be a YGMV, unless someone produces a cool episode that picks up on the causes of vitrification. Hmmm, let me think....

Ian Cooper