Re: Games & Game Companies

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:21:02 -0500

At 09:57 PM 8/16/2001 +0000, Shannon R. Wright wrote:

> Can
>Issaries/Chaosium get RQ back??

It's a moot point; Issaries has no desire to purchase the rights to RQ.

However, I believe that Steve Perrin is fixing to release his latest version of the rules, without the RQ trademark, on the net.

One of the thoughts behind HW's text-heavy, numbers-light approach was to ensure that as big a chunk as possible of each HW book would be useful to players who wanted to use a more detail-oriented system of their choice, such as RQ.

Of course, conversion still requires some work on the part of the GM.

> I have looked at 3rd Ed. AD&D
>and actually like it a little with the mod's they have put
>in. But I'm worried about getting anything if Hasbro is
>going to "Shelf" it

Worst case scenario is that Hasbro will strip down their RPG department to sell only the core rule books, and rely on smaller publishers to support the game according to the terms of the d20 license. So if you're interested in D&D3, you can safely pick it up without worrying about it going away.

Take care >>> Robin