Re: Horse games

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:18:29 -0000

One simple but apparently reasonably skill-testing contest is pegging. It is basically using a lance to hit a small peg stuck in the ground (while at a full gallop, of course). The RCMP musical ride still likes demonstrating this one. I'd guess it would be a competition for youths of serious mounted cultures (adults being too skilled), but would be a more serious challenge for mounted warriors of other cultures.

--Bryan
PS. For any other Flashman fans out there, I believe Flashie demonstrates it to some native american captors in one of the books, but I forget which one.