Re: Brothers Battles

From: Roland <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:57:21 -0000

> I had nothing personally to do with the Garhound Contests
Quite right; my bad! Looking at the file you put up, I noticed a (slight) resemblance between the Brothers Battle mechanics and the excellent contest rules (especially the Shield Push mechanics) in the "Garhound Contests". Jumping to the {erroneous) conclusion that you had something to do with them (it's the only exercise I get), I posted a praise. I will now do as Orlanth did and correct my mistake. "The Garhound Contests" lists three authors of the Hero Wars rules-conversion: Ian Thomson, Jeff Kyer, and Wesley Quadros. I don't know who did them, but the rules sections for the different contests are great!

That's what we need now, a small supplement of Orlanthi pastimes: sports, games, favored puzzles, etc. We have covered a lot of interesting sports; what do people think the board games would be like?

"Swords-and-shields is the board game with the greatest challenge." - Aski Harbardsson, thane of the Varmandi clan.

Roland Volz