Re: Kabaddi

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:28:26 +0100

  From: "Wulf Corbett" <wulfc_at_...>
>Khabaddi also requires you to continuously chant 'khabaddi' while in
>the opponent's half of the court, thus proving your control of the
>inner wind (it was shown regularly on UK TV a couple of years ago,
>wish they'd bring it back).
>
>Also about the only sport from the Indian sub-continent I personally
>know where the women compete in the same sport (but NOT actually
>against) the men.
>
>Wulf

Yes. I really enjoyed watching it. A very skillful game - lots of tactics, trade-offs between size, strength and agility. Having seen it on TV - I find it hard to associate with male Orlanthi, maybe a more Ernaldan thing (in particular the territorial and physical contact aspects)? Perhaps an Esrolian game?

Thom