Re: Heortling games

From: melstra_at_...
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:23:15 -0000

> The Heortlings probably have dice of some sort; I can also
imagine games
> like checkers pretty easily.

[game descriptions deleted]

Thanks for the cool ideas, Peter! That's really about how I pictured it, as well. Mancala was one of the first that sprang to mind-- it has its genesis in seed sowing, so it's perfect. Then again, you could also have a blast with changing some more modern board games like Careers and Monopoly into Gloranthan versions. I can just imagine
some of the results! The little symbols in the HW books would translate great on the Careers board, for example-- and the little inner paths on the board could be labeled as hero quests!

I have been planning to do a more extensive writeup of the games, complete with names, legends, etc. perhaps as something to play at an upcoming con (like Tentacles). Unfortunately I've been a little busy with the dissertation and my vacation lately. *grin*

Maybe I'll get ambitious sometime soon -- if so, I'll post the descriptions here. :-)