Re: Hon-eel Maize Quest vs Miller Quest

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:06:44 +1200

At 12:51 21/08/01 +1000, you wrote:

>I suspect that they will have to descend into the earth and meet the
>sacrifical earth king ruling underground. Then agree to take his place/
>become his consort/ provide regular sacrifices of blood to the earth.

Given that the corn god is the disguised Blood Sun, I think solar motifs more appropriate than cthonic ones.

The basic ritual is that the heroes protect the wounded Sinoda (Adonis backwards) from the brutal Alanthore. During the conflict, Alanthore should be bled white before he dies while he is trying to do the same to the heroes.

>Any more ideas ? Also there has to be at least one unexpected surprise
>encounter that no-one expects along the way.

Perhaps they realize the person they killed was the village idiot? Many Lunars are killing two birds with one stone by having "useless eaters" perish in the corn rites.

--Peter Metcalfe