Re: Re: Carmania Liturgists and Theist Worship

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:10:12 +0100 (BST)

ToS wrote:

> As the group are generally Theists - Orlanthis, Humakt and Animists -
> Storm Bull I decided to try and bring something different into play.

Most Carmanians are theists, too. The viziers and magi aren't, and they'll happily provide sorcerous blessings and spells for the lords and knights of Carmania. But those lords and knights are themselves likely to be theistic worshippers, as are the great masses of the Pelandan unwashed. (Apart from surviving Pelandan Logicians, Blue Sorcerers, Renegade Viziers, and the like).

> The character I designed ... [is] a liturgist knight who following a
> dart war is effectively becoming an apprentice. This sounds a bit
> OTT but is heavily moderated for the game purposes.

It sounds like an unusual background, but not impossible, and if it works in your game, hey, go for it! Most Carmanian sorcerers are viziers, who act as "chaplains" to the noble houses.

> I am interested to know what, if any dertrimental effects would
> animists and theists suffer if the participated in a blessing?

Not yet defined, AFAIK. I understand the 2nd edition will clamp down hard on such things, which (if mishandled) could be rather disturbing to Carmanians, Henotheists, Aeolians and other long-established Gloranthan cultures with "mixed" magic.

> Do you know if much more detail is going to be forthcoming on
> Carmania as it is one of my more favourite parts of G.

I expect there to be plenty of material in the forthcoming Lunar Imperial Handbook, which is advertised as coming this Fall (whatever that means) on the Issaries, Inc. site. See http://www.issaries.com/products/1302.html for the product blurb.

Cheers, Nick