Re: Re: Carmania Liturgists and Theist Worship

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:24:42 +1200

Tigger on speed wrote:

>The character I designed with the help of my narrator is based upon a
>Carmanian Knight order who accompany Pilgrims going to the Hill of
>Gold in Vanch. He was designed as a liturgist knight who following a
>dart war is effectively becoming an apprentice.

Well, normally knights aren't meant to use sorcery (being restricted to theism). However this is a religious precept that can be broken, so I wouldn't worry about this. Just make a note that your character would be considered strange or heretical by orthodox Carmanians. Most Lunars and other Pelorians wouldn't give a damn. If you want ideas for a possible background for your PC, just ask.

>I am interested to know what, if any dertrimental effects would
>animists and theists suffer if the participated in a blessing?

To benefit from the blessing, the beneficiary has to be part of the Liturgist's congregation. So unless his companions worship the Good God, they won't get any benefit. However he can curse them without any problems.

For the case in which a theist decides to join the congregation (or the Carmanian Church), I really don't have an answer. He might have to switch aspects to an Magi-approved version to join the Church.

--Peter Metcalfe