Re: Heortling boardgames

From: simonh_at_...
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:35:41 -0000

> | I think playing a game in which you presume to controll the
> | actions of your gods, or even those of others, would be
> | regarded as extreme hubris
>
> So, if you go onto the Hero Plane pretending to be your god, is
that worse?
> Better not be heroquesting, I guess.

That's not what heroquesters do. They follow in the path of their god, emulating their god's actions and virtues in order to gain similar benefits. They also do so in a properly conducted religious ceremony which includes magical safeguards and protections. Also, doing this is extremely dangerous, even with all the preperations and safeguards that the rituals involve.

Simon Hibbs