Re: Alda-chur ?

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:32:56 +1000

Heys folks

One further source to add to the Alda Chur / Far Point reference discussion aired here recently:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/nysalor/ff1.htm

is a long essay I've done on Far Point Flora and Fauna, and along the way I manage to include tribal backgrounds, table manners, sheep pregnancy, secrets of sticklepick, food and drink... bits of everything really. Old but meaty, as the Uz said to the trickster.

(And no, the links to other parts of the site don't work, my Questlines website has been on the back boiler for nearly two years now, and still isn't near the top of my 'to do' pile. This is partially the 'fault' of Issarries and folk like Nick Brooke, who are happy to host much of my web material.)

As far as my own campaign material goes, the Far Walkers founding tale - Taroskarla - is online at Issaries at

http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/essays.html

in PDF format: there are links to other FP materials on the same page.

And if you're looking for campaign background, the Helden novella at

http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/helden.html

is set in the Far Place, and manages to include lots of my FP campaign background (and endgame) among the introverted musings on death, sex and laughter.

Tales 20 (any day now) has info on Vinga in the Far Point (an article and Cradledaughter story), and, as noted, Mark and Simon are planning a FP issue for UW3. Mark's Alda Chur map is awesome...

Catching Up...

John

nysalor_at_... John Hughes

As roll a thousand clouds to Skygash, so the host of Sharl came on. As meets above the Spider's House a thousand broken clouds, so the cattle-clan of Tovar met the sheep-men of the south with spears. As a hundred winds meet; as the streams of a hundred heights; as the dark cloud of Skyfall assails the slope of the gors: so roaring, so vast, so terrible, so the armies mixed on Jaskor's echoing heath.