Re: Re: Heortling boardgames

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 08:36:26 -0500

Maybe I'm just not on the same frequency as Simon, but I really don't think of the Heortlings as people who go around crying "Blasphemy!" all that often. I don't see their gods being offended that someone is playing a game with their images; in fact, it might be a useful divinatory tool (though probably not as good as the normal Orlanthi divination techniques). I also don't think there's any danger identifying one's self with the gods, since normal chessplayers don't identify themselves with kings and bishops, and that each player is playing all the gods in a pantheon on a very abstract level. YGMV, IMO, et al.

Guy