Re: non-vingan female 'adventurer' clothing?

From: Roland <rmv1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 02:12:59 -0000

Peter Larsen:
> [SNIPPED good stuff about medieval people shedding clothing styles.]

I'm not saying it's impossible for people to wear different clothing styles, and women wearing men's clothing (and vice versa) is old news. But ancient people had funny ideas. I remember a case where a viking woman sued her husband for divorce and won it because he wore the top of his shirt open (untied), which she said was "too effeminite"...

It's probably another reason why certain clans feud. If one clan (which said in the questionairre that they like to try new things) and another clan (which says the old ways are best) happen to disagree, different attitudes to clothes would probably fan the flames.

Roland